Bright Loft Wedding

Alecia + Jon.  Chicago.  EXTREMELY amazing taste.  They were up for anything.  And Alecia and I are seriously design soul sisters.  The downtown Chicago loft was the PERFECT venue.

Alecia is a designer at heart.  So once we started going, it was ridiculously unstoppable.  We knew we wanted a slick, clean palette.  Then add crazy, unexpected pops of color.  I wanted to add something else.  I wasn’t sure what it was.  But then I thought, cowhide?  There is no way she is going to go for it.  Um, she was THRILLED.  So we added in cowhide for the aisle runner and the table runners.  It gave us an anchor that we so needed with all of the craziness we were about to do.  We filled the downstairs foyer with floor to ceiling flagging tape installation.  It was an amazing entryway!

An unbelievable balloon ceremony installation inspired by photographer Jenny Van Sommers.  The party favor was a washi tape covered box filled with bright gumballs and balloons placed at each place setting.  The guests blew them up  just in time to litter the dance floor with a sea of balloons.  We hung the menu for the evening from the ceiling in front of our custom made chevron curtains.  We made a ton of flagging tape wands for the guests to wave wildly as they exited their ceremony. The bride’s uncle MADE the wooden bar. The guests found their seats by finding their triangle on a our colorful triangle board, then were instructed to flip it over and write a cute note to the couple.  It turned into their guest book!

It all was a dream come true for me, as a designer. And Alecia and Jon, my soulmates, I love you guys.

Vendor LOVE:

Event Design + Planning: Jesi Haack Design

Photography: Avery House

Personal Florals: Dilly Lily

Centerpieces: Bride’s friend Laura Wagner

Cake + Desserts: Bittersweet Chicago

Catering: Pure Kitchen Catering

Venue: Room 1520

Paper Products: Escort Cards, Place Cards, Guest book, Ring Bearer signs, menus, stir sticks: Pitbulls and Posies

Invitations: Kate Gabriel of Wit & Delight

Makeup: Rommy Najor

Photobooth: Smilebooth

Ceremony Installation Inspiration: Jenny Van Sommers

27 Responses to Bright Loft Wedding

1. Dawn Cowart says:

LOVE this wedding – absolutely adorable. I love that this couple wanted to step outside the proverbial box and have something that reflected their personalities.

You’re amazing!

2. Kathy Garriott says:

Best wedding ever!! Jesi, you and Alecia did an amazing job!

3. jessica says:

hello! this is SO inspiring. her dress, her shoes…but the decorations are completely out-of-this world fantastic! i seriously cannot decide what detail i love best, but the fun pops of color cannot be beat!

4. Stevi Savage says:

love this post jesi!! xo

5. Grandma H says:

This can be described with all the good superlatives — plus iNCREDIBLE! What fun it must have been to create! Happiness to all of you. Grandma H.

6. Pingback: Wedding Awards | Lovestruck Social Events

7. It completely blows my mind! Like every wedding design by Jesi Haack :-) Congrats ! And all my best to the cute couple :-)

8. Pingback: Ausgefallene und extravagante Hochzeitsdeko mit Kuhmuster, Chevron und Gold | Friedatheres

9. wow, loved all the details!!

10. Ummm, DYING over this wedding. I don’t know how I didn’t see it, but I just spent like 15 minutes just looking at every single detail. Love love LOVE!!!!

11. Ruth Faraga says:

Hello! Please, I need to know, where buy this letter balloons?

12. Pingback: Escort Card Board & Guest Notes! - Every Last Detail Every Last Detail Escort Card Board & Guest Notes! - Every Last Detail | Wedding Blog, Wedding Inspiration, Wedding Planning Advice

13. admin says:

Hi Ruth! I bought them online, ballonsupply.com.

14. Pingback: Lots of Love for Metallic Gold « MY Styled Affair

15. Pingback: Wedding Trends: Chevron « MN Wedding

16. Pingback: Decorazioni non floreali: palloncini

17. Pingback: Dessert Buffets « MN Wedding

18. Pingback: Detail To Love: Balloon Table Numbers! | Every Last Detail Every Last Detail Detail To Love: Balloon Table Numbers! Every Last Detail |

19. Pingback: » Detail To Love: Balloon Table Numbers! May I Have The Ring

20. Pingback: Neon Wedding Inspiration — Plus An Electronic After-Party Play List! | The Knot Blog – Wedding Dresses, Shoes, & Hairstyle News & Ideas

21. Pingback: Neon Wedding Inspiration — Plus An Electronic After-Party Play List! | Weddings In Rhode Island

22. Pingback: Neon Wedding Inspiration — Plus An Electronic After-Party Play List! | Weddings in Massachusetts

23. Pingback: 12 Romantic and Funny Ways to Word Your Wedding Signs | The Knot Blog – Wedding Dresses, Shoes, & Hairstyle News & Ideas

24. Pingback: 12 Romantic and Funny Ways to Word Your Wedding Signs | Weddings In Rhode Island

25. Aliviya Topalu says:

Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! Where did you purchase your dress? I am absolutely in love with the sleeves!

26. Pingback: 12 Romantic and Funny Ways to Word Your Wedding Signs - Wedding Obsessions | The Knot

27. Pingback: 8 Aisle Runners We’re Obsessed With | The Knot Blog – Wedding Dresses, Shoes, & Hairstyle News & Ideas