Desert Mod

A bride with a mohawk? Hot pink chiavari chairs? And a three-legged dog named Tipsy? STOP IT. Add the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, as much tumbleweed that we could wrangle from the desert, and some mid-century modern flair, and you’ve got Desert Mod.
The tablescape we created was full of big, bold colors – including hot pink chiavari chairs, denim wrapped vases, orange and yellow blooms, and bright chevron patterns. A personalized pink cactus awaits each wedding guest.
The bride wore a champagne gown and sported a mohawk, while her groom wore a bolero tie with a thistle boutonniere. We formed a gigantic heart from tumbleweed, and an interactive “guest book” allowed guests to form messages and pictures with perler beads.
Check out what our amazing team put together, and thank you so much to DESIGN SPONGE for the feature!!!! Enjoy!

Vendor LOVE:

Photography: Gabriel Ryan Photographers

Concept + Design: Jesi Haack Design

Florals + Design: JL Designs

Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop

Paper Goods: Pitbulls and Posies

Hair and Makeup: Fiore Beauty

Bride’s Hair Accessory: Ban.do

Dress: Mary Me Bridal

Venue: Ace Hotel Palm Springs

25 Responses to Desert Mod

1. sharon says:

Let’s talk about these chairs…may I rent them!!!! Amazing! The whole thing! Dying over the fabrics and the paper goods by Amber. I want to live in this photo shoot. :)

2. anna says:

Love it all! The flowers look amazing & the mini cactus are a super sweet idea.

3. Brigitte Erwin - Artsy Heartsy Events says:

Where is the interactive “guestbook?” That sounds really cool! Am I missing it?
    This whole design is amazing beginning to end Jesi. You are so inspiring!!

4. Jasmine* says:

STOP IT!!!
    so much goodness….augh.

5. admin says:

dang it, brigitte, I just added a ton more pics for you!
    sorry about that!

6. Carlie says:

My fav shoot ever!!! The pink chairs were to die for!! Always an honor to work with you my sweet friend.

7. Jessica Flagel says:

Love it all!

8. Pingback: Everyone Loves a Boston Girl »  paper wedding flowers.

9. Jennifer says:

One of the coolest wedding concepts I’ve seen. I love it!

10. Pingback: Chevron Wedding Ideas | Inspirations & Creations - Elizabeth Anne Designs: The Wedding Blog

11. Pingback: Bright & Bold : Made From Scratch

12. Amy says:

there is no words can express my admiration to you, i really love your posts! there are so many beautiful pictures, this inspired me !

13. Pingback: Chevron Wedding Inspiration Board « Wedding Style, Planning & Inspiration | the Wedding Paper Divas Blog

14. My brother suggested I might like this web site. He used to be totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

15. I’m DYING over those napkins. Any idea where I can nab some for myself? ♥

16. admin says:

they are custom made from fabric I bought :( sorry!

17. Pingback: Color Crave: Pale Aqua and Indigo « Sugar(ed)

18. Pingback: {Design Crush} Chevron — The Plunge Project

19. Pingback: Wedding Blog / COLOURlovers Interview with Cyd of The Sweetest Occasion by COLOURlovers :: COLOURlovers

20. Pingback: Spring Hostess Brunch Inspiration | Interior Decor Blog | CozyBliss

21. Pingback: Chevron Wedding Invitation and Inspiration | Jam + Toast Wedding Blog

22. Pingback: The Chevron Touch « Needs More Glitter

23. Pingback: Colour Palette: Fuschia, Sunshine, Seafoam and Lavender Grey | Bow Occasions Wedding & Lifestyle Blog

24. Pingback: Looking Back: the Top 10 Wedding Trends of 2013 | The Plunge Project

25. Pingback: Looking Back: the Top 10 Wedding Trends of 2013 | crazyforus